Aug 6, 2011

At 3:28am !!Malicious Software!! was identified on the jacksonstudio network

At 3:28am !!Malicious Software!! was identified on the jacksonstudio network
Let me begin by anthologizing for any inconvenience and/or confusion that this incident brought about.
Next I would like to state that the malware was quickly identified and innoculated, and I have confirmed that nothing harmful in the message(s) was sent from my device.

  • The software sent out sms txt messages to recipients in my address  book. 
  • However, my Sprint Cell Phone Plan includes the 'Text to Landline' feature. And unfortunately calls were made. I am truly sorry about that, because these calls happened at or around 3:45-4:00am
I would also like to note that my systems, the network and firewall were not compromised. I should have told Client "X" that it was too late for me to troubleshoot his laptop, and come by tomorrow. Since he sounded drunk when we spoke on the phone. And I should have known better. And since it was my suggestion to 'check out my new android phone' while I do repairs- I have no one to blame except myself because I should have known better.


I am,
Gavin
Enhanced by Zemanta